Pharmaceutical drugs often contain chemicals that can treat a wide range of diseases, but it’s a good idea to have some natural remedies at home that can treat all diseases. They are easily available, cheap and you can make them by yourself. Baking soda is an example of a natural remedy that can be used for cooking, cleaning and as of course, for many illnesses. However, people often don’t know how to properly use it. As much as it is helpful, baking soda can actually cause some side effects, so read the warning section below and consult with a professional before using it as a remedy.
Old wives cures
– Baking soda can be helpful for whitening your teeth. Use it as a regular toothpaste and you will soon see the results;
– Gargle with a solution of baking soda and water to eliminate bad breath;
– Baking soda can be a useful scrub which removes dead skin cells and excess facial oil. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of water and rub the paste on your face to prevent acne;
– A feet soak made from baking soda can relax your feet and prevent the odor. Mix three tablespoons of baking soda, one tablespoon of peppermint oil, one tablespoon of salt and some warm water. Soak your feet in the mix for at least 20 minutes;
– Baking soda easily relieves insect bites, bee stings, and itching caused by poison ivy, oak or sumac. Make a paste from some baking soda and water or make a wash to use with a compress;
– Baking soda paste (made with some water) can be applied to canker sores or herpes lesions. This will relieve the pain and dry them quickly;
– After a hard workout, you can drink some baking soda and water to reduce muscle pain;
– Scrub your nails with baking soda to eliminate grime and nail fungus.
Home remedies for acidity
Here’s how to make a natural remedy for acidity:
Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in 16 oz. of water, and drink the solution to suppress heartburn, acid reflux or GERD. You can create an alkaline environment in your body if you drink a mix of half a teaspoon of baking soda with two tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and organic ACV. The mixture will fizz and foam, but this is normal. Use a tall glass and wait for the reaction to stop then drink the solution. This will relieve acid reflux, normalize the pH balance and reduce acidosis.
Other home remedies with baking soda
Here are some other home remedies with baking soda:
– Make a douche of one tablespoon of baking soda and some water to eliminate yeast infections such as candida;
– Oral thrush can easily be eliminated by gargling a solution of baking soda and water;
– Drink a mix of half a teaspoon of baking soda with 8 oz. of water once or twice a day to successfully treat a urine tract infection;
– Drink a mix of baking soda and ACV or lemon juice for thrombosis;
– A mixture of molasses and baking soda can prevent fungal infections, cancer or diabetes. Dr. Mark Sircus discusses the findings of Dr. Tullio Simoncini in his book Sodium Bicarbonate, saying that cancer is a yeast overgrowth and detailing treatments with baking soda.
Improper use of baking soda can lead to mineral and vitamin deficiency. You can use a low-sodium diet only under supervision by a professional. In rare cases, baking soda interferes with prescription drugs so it’s important to consult a pharmacist if you are using a home remedy along with medications. Never use baking soda in dried powder form on its own! It must be consumed only when dissolved in water. Use baking soda remedies for only 2 weeks. Baking soda is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women and children under 5.