To start with that that moringa is used is medicine for thousands of years. Then moringa is used from many civilizations nowadays.
Moringa oleifera is a plant that is native to South Asia and is also found in most tropical areas throughout the world. In Ayurvedic medicine, moringa is utilized for its impressive range of therapeutic uses, commonly attributed to its antifungal, antiviral, antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Amazing Nutritional Profile
The most powerful part of moringa is its leaves. They contain vitamins , minerals and proteins. Also moringa is reach in amino acids.
Remember you body couldn’t make enough amino acids which are needed for your body to work properly. Moringa is also full of vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, folate and vitamin C.
2. Loaded With Antioxidants
Also important to know is that moringa is full of antioxidants, such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, quercetin and chlorogenic acid.
Some studies which are made in Asia shows that moringa Is helpful in treatments of cancer and also helps to fight free radicals that cause oxidative damage, which can lead to cause a cancer disease.
3. Helps in Regulating Blood Sugar Levels
One study published from the Journal Of Food Science shows that woman which take 7 grams from moringa decrease the high blood sugar levels for thirteen percents.
Also it is important to know that moringa contains isothiocyanates, compounds that help the plant to have anti-diabetic effects.
4. Helps in Lowering Cholesterol
In the latest studies was found that moringa has a hypocholesterolemic effect. Something you must know is that moringa is lowering cholesterol levels for 50 percents !
5. Protects Against Arsenic Toxicity
Leaves from the moringa protects our body from arsenic toxicity. This is specifically important, since contamination of groundwater by arsenic has become a global public health concern.
Tips which will help you to consume moringa correctly :
- If Using Fresh Leaves: Add fresh moringa leaves to a salad (they have a flavor similar to a radish), steam the leaves like you would spinach, or blend them into a smoothie.
- If Using the Powder: Take them in supplement form or add them to a smoothie or a soup. Organifi Green Juice contains moringa along with a ton of other incredibly powerful nutrients!
- If Using the Oil: Use it on a salad or take 1 tea spoon per day first thing in the morning.